96 Scorpa Easy 250 Stator

scorpaant

Hello all

I have recently bought a 96 scorpa easy 250 and have had a running problem with it. Firstly the carb was not the correct one, so i bought a keihin conversion, then i replaced the piston rings etc as there was no compression, but still had the same running problem. Which then left the stator plate. I sent it away to west country windings who have informed me that the pick up has failed and these are hard to come by. Do you know anywhere i can get a second hand stator, or if anybody has one spare? it has to be a 280ohm pick up.

Many Thanks

Ant

Hi, this isn't much help, but if you find a place to buy parts from be sure to give them a mention --please--.

I have the same bike and its very difficult trying to locate parts.

Are you sure the carb is the right one - I have just removed a 30mm carb because the bike wouldn't run and fitted a standard 26mm and all is fine.....I think.....

• 3 weeks later...

i also snt my 1997 asy stater plate to west country windings, and they re-wound it. i dont know much on this subjct so excuse me if this is a stupid qustion, but cant the pickup coil be re-wound?

thanks