Gas Gas Raga Ignition 05

16000rpm

I recently purchased an 05 300 Raga rep and seem to remember reading about a programable ignition system,so my question is did i dream it and does my bike have it ? :thumbup:

I'm not positive on this, but I think the 04' Raga had the EPROM setup (with an infinite number of possibilities but required a laptop and special hookup cables/program) and the 05' had the two-stage program CDI. Did you look under your tank for the black/orange wires connected/not connected for the two advance curves?

Jon

Hi Jon, 16000rpm,

I am also not too sure on the 05 Raga, best to have a look at the ign system, if it is Ducati, then it has 4 programmes to select from for which you need a lap top, purchase software and a hook up cable. If it is Kokusan then there are 2 programmes available, rainy position - nice soft low end power, very controllable, then leave the two wires from the ECU as an open connection, sun shine position - snappy low end, cleaner carburation more zippy, then close these two wires together.

Bye, PeterB.

Thanks for the information and having looked at my bike and mine has the black and orange wire two stage system.

Chris

Chris,

If you want, have your dealer get you a "mode switch" #BT280634007, used on the 06' on up bikes, which will plug in the black/orange wires and attach to the handlebars. It's the "rain"/"shine" symbol rocker switch.

Jon