White Engine Oil!?

wobbley

I have a 2005 Beta rev3 in pretty good nick with not many hours under its belt--The other week I noticed that the oil in the sight glass was milky in colour so I changed it--Its gone just the same again, can anyone tell me why. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Because trials are seldom used every day, the engine oil will tend to absorb condensation after a run. Tends to be worse in cold weather and during damp climatic conditions due to a higher moisture content in the atmosphere. A good run up to normal operating temp should evaporate it off. I bet if you check the oil sight glass again after a decent run it has cleared.

Only worry about this if accompanied by white exhaust smoke and/or loss of coolant which would indicate gasket or water pump trouble as mentioned by others on this post.

Oil won't go white from drawing water out of the air when it isn't used. No chance.

As above for water pump oil seal could be faulty.

If the bike was stood in a stream it can draw oil up the engine breather tube if it is hanging low (and in the same water). .... this is a good reason to have the breather tube go up toward the head stock.