Rev 3 Damping Fork Cap Setup

andz

Recently changed the fork oil, however the manual is a bit slim on what or how you refit the fork cap on the damping rod to ensure you get the correct damping adjustment. Anyone know the correct set up as it would be a great help.

Guess that due to the number of responses that this problem is not fully understood so lets see if I can explain it better.

The rebound fork is the right one on a Beta and controls the rebound or the damping. At the top of the fork stauntion is a cap which screws into the stauntion, when the cap is removed a rod can be found screwed into the cap and secured by a lock nut. When I last changed he fork oil I wound the nut way down the rod therefore loosing the correct position for the cap when it is screwed back on. What I would like to know is how far should the cap screwed onto the damping rod? is it screwed down tight or is there some measurement or rule of thumb? I suspect that there should be some measurment as why would they use a lock nut.

Any one know what the setup is? would be agreat help.

Thanks Ralphy, but please get me wright you do need to remove the fork cap to replace the fork oil and set up the correct oil levels as per the owners manual. But I will follow your advice thanks again.

andz,

The cap just screws on all the way on the shaft. The lock nut is just that, just to make sure its locked securely.... belt & braces! If you think about it, it prevents it unlocking when you screw the cap into the stanchion etc etc.

The only critical measurment is the air/oil gap.

hope this helps.