Scorpa Sy 250 08 Clutch

doudoubikes

Hi,

i own a scorpa 250 sy model from new and have found that the clutch action is reasonably heavy.

I was woundering if anybody out there knows of a way to make the clutch operation softer (less heavy).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards doudoubikes.

• 10 months later...
We put a larger volume lever assembly to make lighter pull.This is what the scorpa factory riders do to there bikes.JR

what about lighter springs?......wood that also cure clutch drag ???

• 4 weeks later...

I put a larger lever res on mine because i was having arm pump when i first had bike, then the other day put smaller one back on and found that it was fine. i reckon it was more to do with clutch adjustment, as i was pulling lever back and it was stopping short of the bars. so when i was in a section and struggerling to hold on the bars and the lever i was pulling on could not physicaly come back to the bar. abjust so theat lever comes back to the bar and you may find it is less tiring.

this may help if not try bigger res.each to their own.

I take the pin out from behind the boot on the master cylinder and take a little off, maybe a couple mm's, i also fit a play adjuster in the lever making it easy to set up. I have had Sy's with a longer pin and the clutch does not feel as good (very on/off) and not so progressive. Adjuster and pin ect cost round

• 2 weeks later...

Add a smaller diameter washer under each spring in the clutch to lighten the spring preload. I added a 3mm thick washer used for hex key bolts to the underside of the existing clutch spring washers in my beta evo 290. The clutch lever is now easily half the resistnce to pull in. I dont know if you will need to do this, but with a rotory file chucked into a battery drill I had to remove the crosshatch bracing from inside the clutch cover to allow for clearance of the bolt heads.