Beta 200 Flywheel Weight / Head Spacer

martin 305

Hi all i have tested my new [to me ] beta 200 2008 and find it quite snappy even compared to my 250 gasser does any one know if i can get a head spacer and flyweight to soften it a little? or any other mods to make it a softer power delivery the bike is stock at the moment runing 10/42 . Any help would be very welcome . cheers martin :(

Hi all i have tested my new [to me ] beta 200 2008 and find it quite snappy even compared to my 250 gasser does any one know if i can get a head spacer and flyweight to soften it a little? or any other mods to make it a softer power delivery the bike is stock at the moment runing 10/42 . Any help would be very welcome . cheers martin :(

Im not the most experianced rider yet but does the bike have a quick action throttle? If so maybe you could try a slow action one

My bike has a flywheel weight as standard?!?

Im not the most experianced rider yet but does the bike have a quick action throttle? If so maybe you could try a slow action one

My bike has a flywheel weight as standard?!?

Hi there its fitted with a black tube Domino so i think thats a slow action , i will phone around today see whats about or its back to the Gasser . thanks for your help :(

The 250 flywheel weight might fit and you will need the spacer for the flywheel cover. Ring lampkins to find out. You might be able to get a secondhand one as some of the better riders remove tham.

The black throttle tube is the slow action one. I would try retarding the ignition before going to the expense of a flywheel weight.

Trialsbits do cheap flywheel pullers. I have one at home. If you need to know the size PM me.

Regards Scraggydog

Sort out the basics first..slow action..black twistgrip bit of slack in he cable... carburation ( most betas run like a dog..too rich due to float height issues) (ignition timing not sure that isn't black magic box control). when all that is sorted spend some time riding the bike before going in for mechanical mods as you are planning . The beta 200 is recknown as one of the smoothest bikes around but like all bikes you have to give it its best chance to do your bidding... which leads on to right hand technique!!!!!

Sort out the basics first..slow action..black twistgrip bit of slack in he cable... carburation ( most betas run like a dog..too rich due to float height issues) (ignition timing not sure that isn't black magic box control). when all that is sorted spend some time riding the bike before going in for mechanical mods as you are planning . The beta 200 is recknown as one of the smoothest bikes around but like all bikes you have to give it its best chance to do your bidding... which leads on to right hand technique!!!!!

Thanks for your reply i have the slow action tube , the carb is ok no flooding or problems with starting or stalling downhill , plug looks a little on the rich side but ok. My problem is that it doesnt run on at all when i shut off :( and i seem to be reving in section to avoid stalling . I think this is probably due to my crap riding style :) . When i spoke to Lampkins today they told me that the 200 was not fitted with a fly weight but the 250/70 was, this seemed strange to me as the 200 is aimed more at the novice/clubman rider and as stated in the previous reply some of the good riders remove them from the bigger bikes . So its back on the blower in the morning to see if the 250/70 one will fit , Thanks again for your reply and when the swelling goes down :rotfl: i will defo be out to practice loads more :rotfl: