Camping In Andorra 28/6/09

loonal

Anybody got any suggestions for a half decent camp site (tent) in Sant Julia de Loria Andorra, for the world round on 28/6/09?

First time we have gone abroard for a round so looking foward to it.

Cheers

LOONAL

I've never seen any campsites in Andorra in the years I've been going, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Best to try the tourist office:

Tel. 00 376 841352 / 744045

Fax 00 376 844678

http://www.santjulia.ad

If you do go then you MUST do the Tobotronic toboggan run. It was the high point of the year last year! Biggest in the world. About 10 minutes to the top and a serious climb then 5km'ish to the bottom at crazy speeds (if you don't use the brakes!) Never be allowed in the UK due to "Health & Safety", but a must-do if you go to Andorra.

Several videos on YouTube, but none show how fast you feel you are going :D

Another vote here for the Tobotronc ! We (Team Canada) stuck around Andorra for another few days after the TdN last year and the Tobotronc was one of our diversions. Our experiments lead us to conclude that the most fun was achieved by .....

- occupy a single cart with two persons of 190- 200lbs each.

- brake handles slow the cart by pulling UP on them... so place your feet on them like footpegs and hold then DOWN all the way

- lean into the turns.

- loose your breath from laughing so hard all the way down

- exit the cart quickly at the bottom and walk away before the operator notices the wisps of rubber smoke curling up from the trolley wheels

- get in line and do it again.

Dont want to hijack your thread but I'm also coming over from OZ to see my first world round at Tona Spain and Isola france. Staying in Barcelona for the spainish round with a room booked at tona for the saturday night. Just like to get some advice from you experts on how it all runs . When do they have practise, for how long for example . At the France round in Isola we will be in a campervan so can you camp there ? any other advice will be apriciated. thanks steve