Natc Rounds 3 & 4 Preview

sectionone

The shootout sections were much enjoyed by all who attended. Many support riders greatly enjoyed the opportunity to see the top 5 Pro riders finish as a group in a setting where everyone could watch and know the score. There was a nice crowd Sunday, and even a good crowd of hardy folks who watched the shootout on Saturday in a pouring rain! The pro riders seemed to enjoy taking center stage for the shootout, and the feeling I got was that they really like this format. The guys at MavTV loved it, as it makes for great TV. Pat Smage was really on his game and put on a show, and all of the riders got enthusiastic applause from the many fans watching.

The shootout scores were added to the scores from the 1st 2 loops to determine the final results, which came out the same each day. Results and total prize money for the 2 days was as follows:

1st Pat Smage, $2,000

2nd Cody Webb, $1,000

3rd, Will Ibsen, $600

4th, Keith Wineland, $400

5th, Ronnie Commo, $200

This format was my proposal to the NATC and was used as a one time test of the format. It will be the subject of discussion at the NATC meeting I'm sure, to see how people like it, whether it might be continued, and how it might be improved. I think the Oklahoma guys would like to do it next year.

regards,

dan brown

p.s., MavTV is covering all the nationals on their network, which is available on Dish and many local cable systems if you get the sports/adventure package. The coverage is excellent, a one hour broadcast of each individual round which airs a couple weeks after. I just saw the 1st round of Nebraska last Friday, it was great. Now that it is on Dish satellite, anybody can get it. And if you do, be sure to tell the network that you got it because you enjoy the coverage of Trials. The Mav guys have inquired about trying to get the world indoors to broadcast in the states, I hope they can work out a deal for it.

So, it sounds to me like the organizers and promoter are pimping out the quote/unquote "Pros" to entertain the paying masses and not rewarding them for their services. That's about par for the course.

Open mouth, insert foot! AGAIN! :D

Great job Dan!

The time element of this format can be a problem, but not this time of year so much.

What time was the shootout over? When we do this type thing earlier in the year, we really push the daylight! :thumbup:

All the NATC had to do was put on the flyer they were paying out over $4000 to the pros. That's how the series I'm competing in this year works.

Until the pro riders are properly compensated for the efforts, I will continue to put my foot in my mouth.

I think the pro shootout format was awesome. It really gives the spectators and fellow riders a chance to watch our top guys. As a minder it really neat all of us helping each other out. One of the coolest things was Saturday awards! When they started calling out positions, they were handing out checks as well and the riders were very excited due to the fact nothing as advertised. Pat was so excited when they said his name and $1000 bucks he did some kinda 180 backside jump up on to the podium!!! As far as all of the nationals having it, i think it would be great, however im not sure if all the venues will have capability of having four sections that close. Just my two cents, i give it a thumbs up!