Scorpa?

zed55

Translation:

Following the declaration of dated January 16, 2009 suspension of payment, the Scorpa company could continue its activity during almost the 6 months of period of observation in order to allow to find a solution to ensure the perenniality of the company. A plan of continuation had been considered but could not be implemented for lack of agreement obtained with the principal bank of the group. By mutual agreement with the bodies of the procedure the discussions continued within the framework of a plan of transfer. Several transferees presented themselves and two were retained: - An Italian investor associated with the company Gas Gas presented a revival project of the activity, part of stocks and guaranteeing 75% of employment and a maintenance on site under the condition precedent of an agreement of maintenance of the supply engines by the company Yamaha Motors. The latter warned by her council which she did not wish to continue the supply within the framework of the project Gas Gas. The court noting that this essential condition with the realization of the offer not being filled, the offer of Gas Gas was not maintained. - The Fites company, representing the interests of Mr. Marc Teissier and owner of the Sherco manufacturer deposited an offer with resumption of l' activity with part of stocks, maintenance of 25% of employment and a removal of l' activity on the site of their factory of Nimes. The court considered that the social aspect of this offer was not satisfactory. Thus, the Bankruptcy court of Nimes pronounced the liquidation of the company. The procedure of disposal of the material and immaterial goods will be carried out by Me Pierre Julien, Mandataire Legal, 9 Blvd Victor Hugo - 13100 Tarascon

Wow, now I'm really bummed out........I had hoped that a deal could be struck with GG or another manufacturer. I suppose this means we are all crap-outta luck when it comes to spare parts. I bought my SY250 because I figured I couldn't go wrong with a yamaha engined bike. I've got a GG280 pro also so I guess the SY will become a museum piece in my garage :D It looks like Gas Gas is probably the strongest (Financially) trials bike manufacturer. I had considered a Beta and Sherco also before buying they SY........damn........I always make the wrong decision.

I've had three Scorpa's in the last five years and the only spare part i've bourght is a rear tyre!!

Looking at how many TY's TYmono's TYZ's and SY's compete fuss free, week in week out I'd definatly keep hold of that museum piece.

If that gasgas reaches ten years old make it your museum piece because it will become a much sort after collectors item shortly after!!!!!!