How Do You Put A 4t Motor Back In The Frame?

thedelaney

I had to do a repair on mine and struggled to get the motor out. I have had no luck replacing the engine despite several attempts the past 2 weeks. I stop when frustration gets extreme. These have to be the worst bikes to work on in captivity. Lucky they are fun to ride when they are together. Even if I manage to fit the engine, the next horror will be the rad. Unfortunately I share your grief. There must be a trick to the install we don`t appreciate. Good luck.

Is it worth trying to manouvre the frame on to the engine as against lifting the engine in to the frame? Chock the engine on a stand and lower and twist the frame on to the engine.

If both wheels are off the bike then it might be lighter and less tiring. I don't have a four stroke but it did work with the two stroke engine.

I wish I had paid more attention removing the engine but it took a great deal of lifting and twisting before it finally came free. I have not been able to figure out any reasonable sequence of twists or maneuvers, despite stripping the frame almost right down, to make it easier to install. That is why I thought I would ask about proper technique rather than trying to force the issue to the point of damaging something. Mine is an 08.

I had a 05, and put the motor in an 06 frame, as said above don't try put the motor in the frame, I put the motor on a bench and then placed the frame at an angle and twisted over the motor, it will go so don't give up hope.

Note the frame needs to be down to bare bones, all the other parts are then very easy to install, the rad will come up from the bottom, but do it when you have only one rear motor mount in, so you can tilt it back a bit if needed.