Ty250 In Water

alan_nc

Requesting an opinion here:

Rode a Trial today. Several creek/river sections with the water probably 12 to 14" deep, also raining cats and dogs. Not in a sections but on the trail between, the bike started to run rough and finally quit (it has never done this before). Had to restart/ride a bit, restart/ride a bit then it cleared up. Ran fine for the rest of the Trial.

Did I suck water into the air cleaner/carb or did I get the point wet? Well or any other suggestion you might have. Would like to solve this prior to the next Trial.

Alan

It probably sounds a bit silly but I had that problem on my TY250A in a trial that had cold water deep enough to cover the cases, and the problem was simply that it cooled the motor so much, it needed to be warmed up again each time before it ran right. After it stopped the first time I kicked and kicked - nothing, then before I started pulling things apart to remove water, I tried kicking it with the choke on, and it started straight up and didn't miss a beat from then on.

Edited by feetupfun