Peak Classic Trials Club Rd 7 Burycliffe Quarry 26/07/09

Sunday 27th July and the venue Berrycliffe Quarry near Elton Matlock Derbyshire Round 6 of the Peak Classic Trials Club Championship.

Considering the weather a good turnout of 33 riders were presented with a testing but enjoyable course set out by the old master himself Mick Ransom. The course consisted of 4 laps of 10 sections laid out over and around the rocks and trees that this popular venue is famous for. Section 2 being one of the trickiest on all routes with some very tight turns over loose rocks and a climb out over loose scree making throttle control paramount.

Pete Carson took his newly rebored Tiger Cub to a win with a loss of only 3 marks on the Expert British Bike route, it

Hi Paul,

In respect to your well worded and much appreciated review of the recent Peak Classic July trial, I'd just like to ask why the win for Simon Foulke in the twinshock class was controversial.

I agree parts such as the engine and front end are ty mono, but the rear portion of the bike is a standard twinshock including the rear wheel. {and you will notice it has 2 shock absorbers}

I dont want to get too political one the subject of bike legality but you ride a "James" with a lot of sourced parts no older than 2006, apart from the service items on Simons bike everything else is either 30+ or nearly 30 years old.

As you know I too have a british bike a C15 bristling with expensive billet bits and altered frame geometry all in the hope of competing on the modern classic sections. So I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend that I ride a standard bike. I, like you and Simon and 90% of all pre 65 and twishock enthusiasts enjoy enjoy tricking them up.

All this development has come from the British bike brigade moving the bar higher and higher by men with vernier gauges and too much time on their hands.

But its naturally pushed the price of the twinshocks up and up to the point of needing the best part of