Raga '07 Marzocchi Disassembly

kurt

I like to check the oil level on my newly acquired raga 300 '07, but I'm stuck at the fork disassembly.

When I remove the left forkcap, it came lose from the fork stem, but stil it is fixed to something, how do I remove this cap? I also tried the 2.5mm hex bolt inside (see key on photo) but no difference.

Then the right fork cap, when I try to turn it loose like the left side, it turns just in the middle, the red part stays fixed, in contrary to the left one which seems to be in 1 part.

How do I remove this right fork cap? Also the breather bolt looks like it turns mad; the left side came out alright but this one stays in place, no matter how much I turn it, is the thread damaged? How to remove this rightside breater bolt?

DSCN6280.JPG

Edited by kurt

On my 08 Zokes - There is an obvious 13mm (I think its 13mm) nut underneath the cap that allows you to remove it. (pull the preload spacer back to see it)

On the rebound side, Gently unscrew the outside ring nut with a large vice grip (use a cloth inside the jaw) and the cap will come off - it should not be that tight. Once the cap is out and extended in the tripple clamps, like your compression side - but extended out all the way out, If you look at the underside of the cap, (pull the preload spacer back) you will see a flat in the aluminum assembly - this is the nut that you hold to remove the cap and spring. (use a socket on the top cap) On the rebound side, the 2 Al halfs of the cap, were not initialy obvious, but upon close inspection, you can see that it comes apart. You need a narrow wrench - like bicycle wrenches to fit in there

Hope this helps -

One quick note; rather than grabbing the red ring on the rebound leg with a vise grip, lower the stantion tube in the triple clamp so that the black tube is visible but the red ring is still in the triple. Toghten the triple clamp onto the red ring and you should be able to unscrew the black stantion with your hands, useing the triple as a vise; this stops the ring from getting marked up with pliers.

Laser pointed out the need to pull the plastic spring spacer to expose the backing nut that locks the cap nut on. One other thing; if you turn the pre-load adjustment nut (inside red ring on rebould leg) too far, you can damage preload internals so be carefull not to force the nut.

Spencer

OK great, I have another try, it seems not so easy to check the fork oil.

I'm still wondering why the 'breather' screw (next to teh adjustment screw) on the right forkleg is turning mad? On the left fork leg, I was able to unscrew it, but the right one, it looks like the thread is damaged?

Edited by kurt

• 8 months later...