Gas Gas 250 Gearbox Oil

matt132006

hi there

can anyone shed some light on my problem , i drained the gearbox oil out my bike and i mist the jug , there about 700ml in the jug and a pool on the floor ..

so how much new oil do i put back in ? and it about a 1999 gasgas 250

i tried my hardest not to use text talk, writing not my strong point as you can see . my last thread got delected because of it

thanks alot matt

Hi Matt,

Re-fill with a 10 weight mineral oil, not synthetic, or an ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) rated to Dexron III, 700 ml.

Bye, PeterB.

hi thanks alot .. and im not sure it is a 250 now .. i been out and it pulls well but seems abit less power than i expet from a 250 ... if i pm some 1 my fame / engine number ? could they point me in the right direction ? and also the year of my bike ?

thanks matt

Hi Matt,

You can post the frame number on here, it should start with "VTR GG*************" or similar. This will give the year and motor size of the bike.

Excuse me for writing this but I am a teacher and can't help it (sorry)

Start every new sentence with a capital letter (Use the shift key), write about yourself as "I" - capital letter. Names start with a capital letter.

I think that's enough for a start, just trying to help.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi Matt,

You can post the frame number on here, it should start with "VTR GG*************" or similar. This will give the year and motor size of the bike.

Excuse me for writing this but I am a teacher and can't help it (sorry)

Start every new sentence with a capital letter (Use the shift key), write about yourself as "I" - capital letter. Names start with a capital letter.

I think that's enough for a start, just trying to help.

Bye, PeterB.

haha .. yes i like people helping .. im just so used to writing like this , when im on pc . i will get the bike out to morrow and get my frame number

thanks matt

hi there .. well i rang gasgas to day .. it a 1994 gasgas 160 (i didnt evan know they made a 160) im still chuffed with the bike.. now i fell off and snaped the sub frame (it looks like it been welded many times before ) so i found 1 on ebay if off a gasgas 125 .. it looks same so i guess it is???

cheers matt