Scorpa Sy250 Flywheel

tudor

Hi, the flywheel on my 06 SY250 has been machined to make it lighter, this is how it was when I bought the bike and I would prefer to use a standard (heavier) flywheel. It seems impossible to get hold of second hand standard flywheels so I'm thinking of getting my local engineering workshop to weld an outer ring onto the flywheel. Has anybody tried this and been successful? If so I would appreciate any advice that I could pass onto the workshop. Cheers

Welding will damage the magnets. Additional weight is usually added as a band (shrink fit and fasteners) or as a disc (fasteners). If the previous owner has had machining done to a piece that is riveted or bolted on, you can take that off, weld on a ring, and then reattach the piece.

I would say you actually have the "standard" flywheel. The UK was the only market with the heavy flywheel in 2006.

no need to weld - we sell rings to fit Racing spec (light weight flywheels) they press on and also have a number of grub screws to lock the weight in place. two different weight options.

Or machine your own, but don't weld it.

Paul

www.thehellteam.com

Hi Arnoux, I am from the UK and I know the person who had the bike before me had the flywheel machined (expert rider), the outer overhang has been removed plus an additional 6 or 7mm has been milled away so I'm very interested if you sell 'weight rings' that can be fitted without welding. What are the weight options and how much are these? Please e-mail any details to my e-mail address which is tudor@semicom.co.uk I'll take a picture of my flywheel tomorrow and e-mail it to you. I'll also weigh it when I've got it off the bike to see how much weight is required to get it to around 3.1kg. Many thanks for your help Tudor.