Sealed Main Bearings

tony27

Neo, I pulled the mains out today & may have a reason for the increase in clearance from C3 to C4. When fitted they were quite noisy but once out of the cases they were quiet so maybe the bore for the bearings is specced a bit tight, other possible reason for noise change could be the cases acting as amplifiers

I was amazed to be able to decoke the head with a rag soaked in white spirits after 5 years of use, the piston was also etched with its original size of the top, going off that I measure .02mm wear so I'll replace that as well

I was amazed to be able to decoke the head with a rag soaked in white spirits after 5 years of use, the piston was also etched with its original size of the top, going off that I measure .02mm wear so I'll replace that as well

I experienced the same with our 125 (Sherco's are awesome :D ) ....and I hope I'll see the same again when I open up my 250 :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

All the bits for my rebuild have arrived from Splatshop so the cases are sitting in front of the fire with the bearings sitting in the freezer in zip lock bags. New mains will go in tonight & may change the shims in the gearbox at work tomorrow so that the motor can go back together wednesday night.

Have to work out how I'll run it in after that, have trial to set then ride next weekend & don't know if a trials bike trailride on sunday is best idea. Might just go for the drive & get some practise in at one of the 3 day nationals venues instead & hopefully get there after the guys have left on the long ride