Scorpa Air Filter Box

roscoe

I have recently bought our first trials bike (first ever motorbike come to that), a 03 scorpa 250 for myself and son to learn on, anyway I'm going to sound like a right knob but can anyone tell me if the air filter cover is solid as the one on our bike is'nt, when you take mudguard off you can see the foam filter held in place with a black plastic rectangle frame, somehow doesn't look right even with my limited experience? is some cover missing? if so can I get a replacement? looks like muck could get in easily,

many thanks :(

Its exactly like it is ment to be. There is no additional cover either. Mud does get in but not much. Use an air filter treatment oil, its tacky and traps the dirt. Buy an other air filter and swap the old dirty one for a clean one after every ride. I use a squirt of fairy liquid and hot water to clean mine. I used to put them in the washing machine but as I'm getting married next August I'm trying to tame myself! :(

Need to know anything else, just ask!

Also, this post maybe of interest.

Click here!

You may want the Scorpa SY manual too.

Scorpa SY manual

As well as air filter treatment work out the position of the filter relative to the mudguard & silicone a rectangle quite thick on the mudgaurd to provide a seal or use thick draught excluder & it will stop 90% of the crap getting in. (its what scorpa use in the team bikes) :(