No Clutch On Fantic 125

edholland

Took my 125 with me on my holiday in Slovenia and all worked fine. Did an oilchange on the 3rd day i was there just to be sure and after that my clutch stopped to work ?? Tried to run it for an hour to get the clutch to work but no luck, any idea's ?

Tia,

Ed

Hi Ed,

didnt work=did not lift and separate

In this case, the plates have stuck together. Unusual on a running bike, but maybe the oil was wrong. What did you use?

Put it in 6th gear with the engine off. Pull the clutch lever in and jerk the bike backlwards sharply severly times. This will separate in most cases. Then ride it and slip the clutch a lot to clean the steel plates. Then maybe change the oil?

If it happens again, the steel plates have rust on them and the clutch will need to be removed and cleaned with steel wool. (easy if you know the trick for the kickstart mechanism)

Let me know

OR

The clutch slipped? The oil is wrong and / or the plates are worn out

I use ATF

Edited by Lee Harris

Hi Lee,

My problem is the "didnt work=did not lift and separate", the oil i used was Valvoline durablend wich was in the bike before i did the last oil change. Will try the 6th gear trick like you suggested maybe that will seperate them. Too bad it started and run really well !

Cheers,

Ed