Purchasing Ty175 Shocks - 340mm Or 360mm

badmotofo

I'm looking to purchase new shocks for my TY175. The Betor Expert Trials shocks appear to be a great value. They are offered in 340mm (stock length) and 360mm. Trail and Trials UK states on their web site: "We fit these to all our TY125 & TY175 bike as the extra length not only increases ground clearance but improves the steering quite dramatically." Before I make my purchase I'm looking to see if anyone here has experience with the two lengths and if 360mm is the way to go.

Thanks

I have the shorter length shocks (came with the bike) but have dropped the forks in the yokes to improve the steering . Statement on the obvious, longer shocks will give you the same

improvement but without the (small) loss of ground clearance. In all my dealings with TY trials I have found him to be knowledgeable and helpful, if and when I replace my shock

I would happily accept his advise and buy the longer ones.

Hope this helps ...

I'm looking to purchase new shocks for my TY175. The Betor Expert Trials shocks appear to be a great value. They are offered in 340mm (stock length) and 360mm. Trail and Trials UK states on their web site: "We fit these to all our TY125 & TY175 bike as the extra length not only increases ground clearance but improves the steering quite dramatically." Before I make my purchase I'm looking to see if anyone here has experience with the two lengths and if 360mm is the way to go.

Thanks

Hi, I haven't tried them myself but John from Trail and Trials is usually right about most things TY related.

Cheers

Giles

Thanks for the feedback. I went with the 360mm.

Per Andy.T's comment, sounds like their recommended forks set up is diferent: "The only modifications needing done is to drop the forks in the yokes so the chrome slider is level with the top of the yoke and extend the sidestand by 20mm".

Great web site by the way.

-Mike B

Thanks for the feedback. I went with the 360mm.

Per Andy.T's comment, sounds like their recommended forks set up is different: "The only modifications needing done is to drop the forks in the yokes so the chrome slider is level with the top of the yoke and extend the sidestand by 20mm".

Great web site by the way.

-Mike B

Play around with the fork height, its what suits you best is the correct height.