Tlr200 Front Brake Panel Damage

petej

I have a damaged front brake panel of my TLR200E 'project' as you can see in the attached photo. What is the best of way of getting it fixed? [i don't have the original bit that was broken off].

I suspect a replacement one, if they are available, is going to be horrendously expensive?

post-24-1101851830.jpg

I do those kind of repairs (or have them done for me, depending on the level of difficulty) all the time.

Mostly on cylinder and head fins.

Any competent welder should be able to build that up, and you could carve it to match.

If it's aluminum, it'll need TIG, although...I'm pretty old-school, and I still do a lot of aluminum with the torch ONLY if I'm not worried about warpage.

If it's steel, it could even be brazed.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the others had 1 the same done recently, a mate tig welded it for me but he said the aluminium was poor grade, he placed a piece of copper under the fault then filled it up then sanded it to suit after painting it looked brand new, take it to your local engineering company that does this type of welding or look some up in the yellow pages and ring a few up.

good luck