First Trial

filmoor

Christ i cant even look at a garden rockery without visualizing a section in it. I'm sure it's some sort of illness.

This is so funny, I thought it was just me!

Just returned from a walking holiday in the swiss alps and my missus kept saying "all this scenery and you're just commenting on awesome trials sections?"

This is so funny, I thought it was just me!

Just returned from a walking holiday in the swiss alps and my missus kept saying "all this scenery and you're just commenting on awesome trials sections?"

Yep. It is an obsession and I'm going on four decades of the "illness". It's easy to think you are the only one who does it because no one talks about it much. I can vouch that it's becomes worse the more Trials one sets up. Probably the reason is that we use natural terrain as our "racetrack", which, of course, is all around us and I would also guess that roadracers drive cars on the street and think of entrance speeds, apexes, braking points etc. I know when I was dragracing, stoplights made my heart beat a little faster..........

I think the "cure" is to just get out and ride more.......:rolleyes:

Jon

Yep. It is an obsession and I'm going on four decades of the "illness". It's easy to think you are the only one who does it because no one talks about it much. I can vouch that it's becomes worse the more Trials one sets up. Probably the reason is that we use natural terrain as our "racetrack", which, of course, is all around us and I would also guess that roadracers drive cars on the street and think of entrance speeds, apexes, braking points etc. I know when I was dragracing, stoplights made my heart beat a little faster..........

I think the "cure" is to just get out and ride more.......:)

Jon

Maybe my "First Trial" thread should have been "My First Trial whats the Future hold" well it seems a like it will be a obsession of looking at undergrowth and rockeries. Lol. Gunna try your cure Jon, sounds like a winner :rolleyes:

Edited by Filmoor

Ahhh, all good there! Happens to a lot of folks that are active in the sport!

Same sort of thing happens after a new rider takes some proper tuition and gains some insight upon the basics of manuvering the bike!

Keep low! Inside arm straight! Move your butt to offset! Steady, More throttle!---- list goes on!

Good set of basics will take one a long way, and when one watches a new rider, or even a silly mistake of a more advanced rider, sometimes you just want to shout out! Oh well, sometimes you can give gentile advise within ones range of ability and it helps, other times not!

A new rider can go into mental overload easily, and so it goes! Nothing much happens here without the experience! But advise is often appreciated as well, gives one things to work upon!

:rolleyes:

In the words of my old flight instructor," There are Old pilots and Bold pilots, yet few Old Bold pilots! Keep it safe and fun! :)