Clutch Still Leaking?

ian7

I have just replaced my clutch resovior with a brand new rebuild kit,

i replaced every thing as it came off but its still leaking from the leaver end of the clutch,,

Any Ideas anyone?

The bike is a gas gas 250 pro 07

Cheers Ian

Edited by Ian7

I have just replaced my clutch resovior with a brand new rebuild kit,

i replaced every thing as it came off but its still leaking from the leaver end of the clutch,,

Any Ideas anyone?

The bike is a gas gas 250 pro 07

Cheers Ian

Ian,

The only thing I can think of that would cause the leak at that area is a damaged o-ring. On the M/C piston "shaft" there is the seal at the front and an o-ring at the back, which seals the non-pressure area where the circlip is. I'd carefully take the internals out and see if there may be a small scratch at the beginning of the M/C bore (maybe caused during installation) that may have caused the o-ring failure. Sometimes it can be carefully buffed out to at least cut down the sharp, upraised part.

Jon

Check the adjuster on your clutch lever, my bruv's was wound to far in and it was not letting the piston come fully out against the circlip, this then means that the o-ring could be sitting the wrong side of the resevoir hole.?????????

Actually, the shaft will bottom out before the o-ring goes in that far. An adjuster in too far will cause (1) gradual lessening of the effective throw of the lever and (2) possibly brakes locking up (especially on the rear brake system when there is heat in the caliper from severe braking).

Jon