Model 92 Frame

tri5t

I have a model 92 Sherpa 325 which I have spent a lot of time working on and refurbishing ready for the winter. However the frame is bent under the headstock and also has taken a big hit to the underside at some time.

I would like to replace it with a frame the same, I think my serial number is about 900 or 1000. Wil any 91 / 92 mk1/mk2 frame fit okay with all my existing parts / 325 engine?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for one (Ideally I'd like to keep it all 92 model)

Thanks

Edited by Andy

All parts will be ok in the main but there may be one or two things to watch out for.

If your 92 frame is the mk1 version which had only the rear facing tubes from footrests up to seat, if you replace with the mk2 frame which has the forward facing tubes as well, your tank, if it is the slimline fibrglass version, may need trimming to clear the forward facing frame tubes and the aircleaner to carb hose. If you have the alloy Homerlite tank/seat unit it should be ok on either.

Brackets for a rear silencer could differ on early or really late 91/92 frames. Some late bikes may have had the boomerang silencer fitted, not the small triangular silencer of the early model.

If you go for a later model 124/5 frame, the chain tensioner and mounting point may be different

That should be about all though.

Edit: - just noticed this 92 engine on ebay - give them a ring about the frame.

Ellastone ebay item

Edited by Woody