A/b Championship 2010

as iow

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you would like to re do your calculations based from the centre of the IOW, this i have done and it comes out at exactly 3932miles if you add on ferry charges to the fuel required to do this mileage it comes out @

Well there you go the 2010 dates are out and it looks as if several of the top runners wont be taking part in the A/B championship, mainly because of the increased mileage and cost of competing in the series. So next year it will be down to who can aford the time & money as apposed to who is the best rider. Will there ever be a year when we don,t go to Bracken rocks?

In the 2006 season youth A,B i took my son to all the youth rounds the only season where it didnt clash with our own nationals the total miles that season 7,320 he was no top runner but enjoyed the experience and made a lot friends along the way on a very limited budget they are only kids for a short time and you will never get these years back , we never went to Bracken rocks that year but it was one of our favourite venues over the past few seasons just to let you know we left Lochaber on Saturday last year for the IOW round mid morning and was back home for work at 7 am Monday but not so sure you will have to make that trip .

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I have received communication from ACU this morning (26.11.09) to say that the Lochaber round on 3rd October 2010 has been cancelled, the club have withdrawn their application and there will now be 6 rounds only in the ACU A/B championship.

Big John

• 2 months later...