A/b Championship 2010

as iow

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no application made as we were lead to believe that we would not get a round in 2010, and was only given one this year after agreeing to run a Ladies round as well, but this is OK as we have run B championship events for the past 5 years and other clubs deserve a turn, but not to far north please. Richmond or Scarbrough is OK as we can normaly get home before midnight, but anyfurther and is gets a bit tight, and with our top two lads moving up to A class next year and G.C.S.E. exams around the corner, missing days of school become more difficult.

Jesus where do you get off? Lets organise it all round you and your two lads!!!!

You have said you have done your bit for the last 5 years and the other clubs deserve a turn...............BUT when they do their bit the trials are neither No Good ot Too Far Away...

Maybe its just me and your absolutely right?

I think he must be kidding

If not can we delete this thread, this is just nonsense.

How can you possibly request that the British trials championship doesnt include rounds which you deem to be too far from the Isle of White ?

Have you seen where the Isle of White is in relation to the rest of the British Isles ?

I think he must be kidding

If not can we delete this thread, this is just nonsense.

How can you possibly request that the British trials championship doesnt include rounds which you deem to be too far from the Isle of White ?

Have you seen where the Isle of White is in relation to the rest of the British Isles ?

So why is it so wrong to express your views on this forum, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we are just pointing out how it is from where we live, and how difficult it can be to get home in a reasonable time on a Sunday evening after a trial, but to be honest the IOM riders are in an even worst position.

If we are not carefull we could get into a situation with some B championships going to the one that can afford it rather than the best riders, in fact this has already happened to some extent in the youth A class. All we are asking for is a resonable spread of rounds around the country, why is this so unresonable.

Before we all go off on one as both Baldilocks and myself earlier in the thread have pointed out the obvious, where the IOW is.

It is always going to be hard on these lads to the same extent that Gary mac (and many others) must have had returning to FW last sunday night.

My thoughts are that if you get a round, it may well be that someone on the committee has said "gosden and Stay deserve a chance to have a round on the IOW by gum chaps they travel a bit don't you know", which may have meant you got it. Then having procduced a good trial, I have seen it, and a superb and liked by all the only schoolboy indoor its carried on as a fixture on the calendar.

My guess now is that had you applied you would have one less round to return from.

I am sympathetic as having lived in the south all my life pretty much the journey south can be torturous at times, and then you have 200 miles more than me.

There is no answer to it as when they are adults as now very few southern clubs apply to host any championships, untill maybe 2014 when I hear they may well be a great event on the IOW?

Perhaps if you could drop a round or two that would help? I am thinking a point raised at the forum, this can be done by e mail and post unless I'm mistaken, may have helped you difficulties?

Er...yes as long as you exclude places like Scotland, Ireland and Wales, because they are too far away from the IOW?

Hmmmm...

Big John

If you read the original post, Wales is fine and have always put on bloody good trials year in year out, and have aways been fair with their marking, with well informed observers.

Just one more thing,, correct me if i,am wrong but i think the ACU fourm was held on the same weekend as the British youth championships in Northumberland where most people with an interest in the youth championships would have been.

If you read the original post, Wales is fine and have always put on bloody good trials year in year out, and have aways been fair with their marking, with well informed observers.

Just one more thing,, correct me if i,am wrong but i think the ACU fourm was held on the same weekend as the British youth championships in Northumberland where most people with an interest in the youth championships would have been.

So Alan were you at the round in Northumberland or at the ACU Forum?

• 1 month later...

Well there you go the 2010 dates are out and it looks as if several of the top runners wont be taking part in the A/B championship, mainly because of the increased mileage and cost of competing in the series. So next year it will be down to who can aford the time & money as apposed to who is the best rider. Will there ever be a year when we don,t go to Bracken rocks?

Wanted to wait and see where the rounds are next year before contributing to the thread.

On first glance I thought the venues seemed fairly well spread, but being rather sad and having a spare few minutes, I decided to use my friend Google and do a mileage check.

I used a parent/rider living between York and Lancaster (The North) and a parent/rider living between Bristol and London (The South).

I appreciate these places are not on the extremities of the UK, but they are generally accepted as a reasonable North/South divide.

Over the 7 rounds, our parent from the North will clock up 2470 miles, whereas our friend from the South will do 2888 miles.

Interestingly if you ignore the last round in Scotland they would both do exactly the same mileage over the previous 6 rounds.

OK the Southerners come off worst, but 500 miles is a tank of fuel in my Sprinter/

Maybe you would like to re do your calculations based from the centre of the IOW, this i have done and it comes out at exactly 3932miles if you add on ferry charges to the fuel required to do this mileage it comes out @

Maybe you would like to re do your calculations based from the centre of the IOW, this i have done and it comes out at exactly 3932miles if you add on ferry charges to the fuel required to do this mileage it comes out @