Handlebar Clamps

cubby

Thinking of getting a pair of handlebar clamps which raise the height of the bars slightly. Just wondered if they are worth it and if you have some did they make a difference, good or bad??

Cheers

:)

The S-3 one's are nice. They raise the bars up just the right amount, offer good forward/backward adjustment and seem to be much stronger than the stock GG clamshell clamps. I've found the bars a little too low on the new bikes for my liking and the S-3 clamps move them up so I'm not hunched over the bars.

Jon

What difference do they make to the riding though? Is it purely a comfort thing or is the shift of weight slightly backwards beneficial??

Does it make the front end too light?

In my limited experience, reasonable changes in bar height do not change weight placement per se (that's up to the rider) but they do allow more comfort for the taller rider who needs them, who in turn is able to adjust weight placement easier and quicker. The easier the rider is able to maintain a neutral position, the quicker they can react to bike input.

Jon

Cheers for the info.

You can get a set from www.trialendurodirect.com which are branded Gas Gas but seem similar to the S3 ones, a little cheaper tho.

Are they basically the same??

ones pictured are the GG branded S3s. No difference, I was told.