Armstrong Exhaust System (320 Hiro)

zarkoff

hello there , could anybody give me some advice on repacking my exhaust i have opened up the rear section and it was pretty gudged up the front section is sealed so there probably isn't anything i can do there. what would be the best material to use and how densly would i have to pack it . thanks .

The centre box is welded up but does contain packing. The box contains a centre perferated tube which tapers to the small outlet end of the box so this is the end to cut off, repack with new packing, don't over pack it, and weld the end back on. You will find it goes and sounds much, much better after.

The centre box is welded up but does contain packing. The box contains a centre perferated tube which tapers to the small outlet end of the box so this is the end to cut off, repack with new packing, don't over pack it, and weld the end back on. You will find it goes and sounds much, much better after.

cheers BOSTIT i am hoping it does run better, i have had trouble with it eating plugs, when you take them out their black the carb is set as it was when it was new so i think the exhaust system could be to blame it was very oily when i took it to bits.