2006 125 Ignition Module

manwithtool

Had a problem with my sons 125 and moving the plug lead around seemed to fix the bike...But after struggling to get it going after a heavy landing we noticed that the green and white earth wire had come out of the black ignition box thing....We poked it back in and amazingly finished the trial.

Since then I've managed to grind the casing back and uncover a bit more wire, although I really didn't think it was going to work.....anyway I put loads of solder around the outcrop of wire, then soldered the wir back the the solder blob. Tested it and it worked !! Then smothered it in araldite to waterproof it.

Just wondered if anyone else had had the same problem ? Thought it might help someone else.

Anyone know how much these things cost ?

• 3 weeks later...

Well my smug smile has now disappeared !! My son finished the last trial and the bike died....we just thought it had run out of petrol....But I went to start it today and no spark. My wire is still in place so no idea what's gone wrong....Luckily we had just bought a newer 08 Sherco, so swapped ign modules and it started....put the old one back and no joy. I'm guessing running the bike with the earth wire making intermittent contact might have doen some damage ? or something else has failed.

Looks like I will be spending

Well my smug smile has now disappeared !! My son finished the last trial and the bike died....we just thought it had run out of petrol....But I went to start it today and no spark. My wire is still in place so no idea what's gone wrong....Luckily we had just bought a newer 08 Sherco, so swapped ign modules and it started....put the old one back and no joy. I'm guessing running the bike with the earth wire making intermittent contact might have doen some damage ? or something else has failed.

Looks like I will be spending