New Greeves

telecat

why spend all that time and money developing a product that will be 40% more expensive than the rest of the market the commitment to this project must be huge in terms of time and money when the returns are so limited..

one of the issues with this project is fashion.. Beta Montesa Sherco Scorpa are all current Ossa will garner a following from those of us riding/aspiring to ride in the seventies.. so aged 35-50 what age group would be attracted by the Greeves? whose hey day was 1955 v-65 and how old would those riders be today and how many riders do you see at club trials who are that age?

in hindsight the best proposal for using the Greeves name would have been to manufacture/ retail competative pre 65 equipment ( frames, brakes engine gearbox) for which there is a much bigger market and where price is a secondary consideration.

in those immortal words.. 'i'll tell you where I am .. i'm out'

Edited by totalshell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why spend all that time and money developing a product that will be 40% more expensive than the rest of the market the commitment to this project must be huge in terms of time and money when the returns are so limited..

one of the issues with this project is fashion.. Beta Montesa Sherco Scorpa are all current Ossa will garner a following from those of us riding/aspiring to ride in the seventies.. so aged 35-50 what age group would be attracted by the Greeves? whose hey day was 1955 v-65 and how old would those riders be today and how many riders do you see at club trials who are that age?

in hindsight the best proposal for using the Greeves name would have been to manufacture/ retail competative pre 65 equipment ( frames, brakes engine gearbox) for which there is a much bigger market and where price is a secondary consideration.

in those immortal words.. 'i'll tell you where I am .. i'm out'

he (richard deal) did produce a greeves but from what I hear that wasn't a rip roaring sucess either, i'm out too!

Its British'ish and deserves encouragement if it is better than the competition and is of a quality which befits its price tag,but take a look at this-

post-2019-015991600 1286804676.jpg

My guess is that it will endure another couple of days at the Telford classic show,amid plenty of back slapping and hand shaking,no doubt,then quietly disappear.

Ah yes a quality light weight swinging arm if I'm correct?

Will be ok, you won't notice it after a few events - packed full of mud!

or is it a nice cutting edge for your boots/ankle.

GasGas will be taking taking notes.

• 10 months later...

Test of the Greeves trialbike by me. last year.

Greeves Test

Interesting!

Certainly reads better than it looks on the god awful videos on You Tune with Phil Disney (I think) riding it. Everything looks wrong on there.

So do they actually exist, are they in production, are they available and most importantly is anyone going to be crazy enough to buy one??

I heard they reorganise the company a bit. Very strange, they traveled around europe last year to find importers. Than they produced only a few bikes and every time they changed things. They chose for to expensive solutions and they don't have the space and the people to produce a lot of bikes. So they don't can buy a lot of parts in one time, what makes the bike even more expensive.

In euros the bike will cost more than 7000. that's idiot i think