Bemrose

chewy

I've been looking for sutable trial to impress un bonne ami trialistic next year in late March early April... Bemrose was always a good trial whats it like nowadays how many sections , how much off road interzone, how many miles, any camping at start etc. All Info appreciated in advance

Bemrose is a great Trial although I had to miss it this year due to work. About 40 sections,1 lap prob about 35 mile loop and great variety of sections/groups, not sure on camping though but I would have thought stopping the night before would have been allowed. Theres no really stretches of road work,longest about 4 mile i think most is offroad and tracks.

Edited by The Addict

Chewy

I do the route map for the Bemrose programme. I'll PM you with a copy from this year's Bemrose for interest. Hope it helps.

It's definitely a cracking good clubman's trial - very popular. If you want to show your mate what a good traditional British road trial is all about, you won't go far wrong with the Bemrose, then bring him back for the Dave Rowland in July - same sort of area.

The Addict is right about the number of sections and they're a mix between limestone and gritstone, so a bit of variety, too. He's probably also about right on the route length but if you really need to know I can probably waz it through a digimap program and get somewhere pretty close.

As for camping, the start is a plain old field and I've never known anyone camp there before. I can't specifically point you towards any campsites but a quick Google or a call to the Buxton Tourist folk should sort that. It's pretty much prime Peak District tourist country, so there's got to be some around not too far away.

Cheers

What he said :guinness:

Of course, I might be a tad biased about the first 3 ... never done or even been to the JW so can't say :rotfl:

The John Mac and Nexperts (don't be put off by the Experts bit, it's dual route with a big clubman entry) are both due up shortly. They aren't the time of year from the original posting, but you could always come and have a look this time round with a view to bringing your buddy next year?

Ranger you defo need three or four shreaded wheat for the JW :lol: its a tough day even on the Clubman route, long tough sections,tight on time and just when you think its all over you've got ten sections up some little stream :D

Hillsborough Classic is a good un, very much like the JW but two laps and a tad easier, was spot on last year :guinness: think its next weekend

Ahhhh forgot the unforgetable Hipwell Trial :rotfl: 2 laps of 22, well worth every mile of the 300 round trip we do, abit easier than the above but a brilliant run round some amazing countryside and streams

Edited by The Addict

Ranger you defo need three or four shreaded wheat for the JW :lol: its a tough day even on the Clubman route, long tough sections,tight on time and just when you think its all over you've got ten sections up some little stream :D

Hillsborough Classic is a good un, very much like the JW but two laps and a tad easier, was spot on last year :guinness: think its next weekend

Ahhhh forgot the unforgetable Hipwell Trial :rotfl: 2 laps of 22, well worth every mile of the 300 round trip we do, abit easier than the above but a brilliant run round some amazing countryside and streams

I normally find the Hillsborough classic easier than the Hipwell, but I may of changed my opinion by this yime next week.