Rear Brakes

gasgasgurl

ok, whenever i bleed my rear brakes and get them working, they are fine,and they work, however once i go out on my bike after about 20-30 mins, they sieze up, and they only way to get ride of this is to completely remove the pressure. this continually happens everytime i bleed my brakes, any ideas on whats going on, as i get to a point where i just dont use my back brake.

cheers.

gasgasgurl,

The first thing to check is that you have enough free play in the linkage between the BB lever and the master cylinder. When you ride the bike and use the BB the fluid expands due to the heat generated. Internally in the master cyclinder there is a vent port to allow for this expansion; however if there is not enough slack in the BB lever adjustment, when you remove your foot from the BB lever the pressure still can't release!

Hopefully a simple fix!

Regards

I'm also having rear brake related issues with my 02 TXT 280. I have just re-built the calliper with new seals etc and installed it back on the bike, which went relatively well (apart from getting the pistons out which was a bit fiddly). Although I've got the brake bled using the technique suggested by Jim Snell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQq4U5ALyk - I don't get any real bite until the lever is near the bottom of its travel. The master cylinder push rod is adjusted to the max length so no more adjustment can be made there.

Has anyone experienced this before? The only thing I can think to try is removing the pads (which are brand new) and push the pistons out so that the pads are lot closer to disc to start with. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sam