Beta 50 Rear Tire Spinning Flat

newmomtotrials

My 7 yr old son is new to trials and we got him a Beta 50 to start with.

Problem we are having is he is a pretty aggressive rider for his age/size and keeps spinning the rear wheel and causing his tube valve to leak/break.

Any advise on how to fix this?

I am wondering if their is another type of tire to use or a trick to help?

I know he will need to move up someday but I'm thinking to move up to an 80 would be too big a step at this point....? Any thoughts ideas?

Or am I going to be buying stock in tubes?

The Rev50 are fitted with rim lock as standard, not sure about the minitrial, local bike shop should have something to fit in stock if not ty trails do a rim lock for the front of the bigger ty's and turned to the side this may do the trick.

at 7yrs the rev50 is prefect for him, bombproof bike aswell.

If you have no luck finding a rim lock you could use six self tapping screws.Three each side through the side of the rim spaced at 120 degrees.

Deflate the tire and push bead away from the rim,drill the three holes per side, reinflate the tire and fit the self tapping screws (screws need to be 4 to 5 mm longer than the rim is thick, so they grip the tire bead but don't go through.I have used this method in the past with good results.

Surely there is a tire lock/clamp? and you have tightened it?

If there isn't... i'd get down to the bike shop and buy one. Drill the rim out to accept it (opposite the valve hole). It will stop the tire from turning.

Check where the rim is joined (some wheel builders put the valve hole opposite) in this case put the rim lock at 120 degrees. Rims also come in different widths, so make sure you get the right size. Also if your drilling the rim, check there will be room for the nut and washer of the rim lock, the angle of the spokes can get in the way for tightening.

Edited by B40RT