M85 Chain Size And Fork Travel?

mcman56

• 1 year later...

It would have originally had 428 chain but sprockets are available for either chain size.

How accurate do you want the fork travel measurement? They should have something like 7" fork travel

hi can you tell me about my chain ive got a sherpa 350T the chain is a new one 520 front sproket 11 tooth rear 39 tooth will i have to take links out or will i be abel to ajust the cams?

Usually new chains are too long straight out of the box for a standard bike. 11 39 on a Sherpa T sounds pretty standard so I would say yes you will probably have to take some links out to get it to the right length. Sometimes depending on sprocket sizes on Sherpa Ts with standard axle cams you might even need to use a one-and-a-half link to get the length right because they don't give much adjustment.

Usually new chains are too long straight out of the box for a standard bike. 11 39 on a Sherpa T sounds pretty standard so I would say yes you will probably have to take some links out to get it to the right length. Sometimes depending on sprocket sizes on Sherpa Ts with standard axle cams you might even need to use a one-and-a-half link to get the length right because they don't give much adjustment.

thaks for your help i have got the one and a half link so if i need it ive got it cheers