Rtl's

huntmaster

I noted the RTL250s on e-bay recently and then the subsequent thread here. I always lusted over them. Very pricy and not imported to my neck of the woods back when new. Twenty years later there a few around imported into North America as noted there. Prices look better lately? Are they a realistic bike to buy and maintain today? Parts available? As I recall from my TL days Honda is famous for forgetting about models after twenty years or so...nevermind obscure ones!

Is this a lost cause? No expectations of having a competitive "modern" trials bike here of course.

Doug

DSC06543.jpg

Edited by huntmaster

hey,

the spares are not bad but cylinder and piston are very rare and overbore is not an option, a lot of the parts are the same on the tlr 200/250 also wheels and forks from tlm250 are similar. If the engine is in good condition no probl. they last long if oil is changed regulary.

regards bob

I noted the RTL250s on e-bay recently and then the subsequent thread here. I always lusted over them. Very pricy and not imported to my neck of the woods back when new. Twenty years later there a few around imported into North America as noted there. Prices look better lately? Are they a realistic bike to buy and maintain today? Parts available? As I recall from my TL days Honda is famous for forgetting about models after twenty years or so...nevermind obscure ones!

Is this a lost cause? No expectations of having a competitive "modern" trials bike here of course.

Doug

DSC06543.jpg

hi there!

on my opinion the RTL's are superb bikes. You need only to consider the time they were build and saled an compare them to the bikes of other manufacturers! apart of the quality of the components, which is far better than conquerers, you have an almost perfect refinated trials machine, purpose build, powererd with a 4stroke engine that works close to perfection! Are they competitive? oh yes, they are, but "unfortunately" it depends from the riders ability ;-)

cheers

zisko