First Oset Ride

dave horne

• 6 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

can your 3 yr old ride a bicycle? with out training wheels?

if not let him ride a kick scooter for a week or several.. it will teach him counter steer and balance necessary to master a 2 wheel anything, without the frustration and fear.

(kick scooter= two wheels, handlebars and foot platform. the new ones with the tiny wheels are less desirable. when he can coast a distance then he's ready for a bike.)

this I found was a much better way to teach my son than training wheels on a bike. the scooter taught him what the trainers could not. the trainers are a crutch and they will tend to ride around leaning on one wheel for a loooong time, and not understand what they need to do to balance.

by the time mine was 4.5 he could ride real singletrack mountian bike trails with either pedal bike or the oset. off camber, little logs, mud, etc..

Congratulations, he looks like he's having loads of fun. :rotfl:

My daughter was riding her Oset at three with training wheels fitted the the rear axle. She is small for her age and would have been completely overwhelmed with trying to ride on two wheels at that point.

She rode it for a good year with them fitted and had litterally hundreds of hours fun on it. Eventually she grew enought to ride without them but even then she could ride her Oset on two wheels before she could ride a push bike. She would ride her trials bike every day if she could, it was worth taking things slowly at first for her.

100_4860.jpg