Air Box On M-80

myson

I believe the filter is a flat piece of foam that is held in by a flat wire frame on top. I'm not 100% sure but I think this is the one you wantsherpatairfilter.jpg avaliable at bultaco.com and maybe speedandsport

Edited by fergie

Hi, just took seat/tank unit off and no air filter fitted. what filter and do I need extra bits to locate/hold the filter? Also found engine no. but where is frame No?

Cheers

Frame number is on headstock. Turn bars to full lock and exposed letters and numbers are embossed vertically. May need to scratch paint if resprayed or powder coated.

The filter is sandwiched between two perforated plates and located by spring which runs around inside of top of filter box.

post-4121-1257971186.jpg

Hi - Try Bultaco UK but I think they only available 2nd hand now - but are very easy to make. Make two patterns from cardboard then buy a sheet of expanded (the zig-zag pattern) aluminium (from B&Q) and cut them out with tin snips. A whole sheet of twin-air foam filter can be bought from http://www.trialsbits.co.uk/ from which you can make as many as you like!

The spring is a bit more of a problem. I made mine from piano wire available from good hobby/model engineering stores.

This is the air filter from my M80. I was able to cut my own filter from bulk UNI filter mat which I got at my local motorcycle shop for like $20 can. I could easily make a lifetime supply of filters from the one chunk. I only had one sheet of perforated steel with the spring. The old filter had totally broken down.

usedvictoriamay7020.jpg

picturesaug1009.jpg