Scorpa Easy 250 Wont Start

roryk1

hi there, my scorpa easy 250 has stopped working :icon_salut:

i have done all the normal checks, good strong spark, 160 psi compression carb clean and jets are not blocked fuel getting to the spark plug, it has also had new piston rings.

has anyone had any problems??

p.s i have got a new reed valve in post and a new needle valve as the bottom of the engine had become flooded with petrol for no apparent reason.

can anyone help, will be much appriciated, i miss my bike :'(

thanks

hi there, my scorpa easy 250 has stopped working

i have done all the normal checks, good strong spark, 160 psi compression carb clean and jets are not blocked fuel getting to the spark plug, it has also had new piston rings.

has anyone had any problems??

also has a new reed valve

can anyone help, will be much appriciated, i miss my bike :'(

thanks

have you checked the carb float bowl? If the float is shot or stuck it will not stop fuel coming down from the tank, the float bowl will flood and fuel will get sucked neat into the crank case. if this is the case the bike won't run and you'll probably get a whiff of unburnt fuel from the exhaust as you kick it over. You can sometimes fix this by picking up the back of the bike and dropping it a foot or so which may unstick things. If the bike has been stood for a bit the fuel will go sticky and can cause this prob. I would try removing the carb and taking out the float. see if theres fuel in the float, if so it's holed, try dunking it in water and look for bubbles also. check the condition of the rubber on the pin that blocks off the fuelway. if v. worn replace. check angle of the tang on the float body that actuates the pin, it may want a tweak to compensate for wear on the rubber. once you are happy all is good dry the cases out thoroughly, use fresh fuel and try again. hope this helps,

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...