315r

handyally

Hi,

As a previous owner of a 315, as I remember I changed the standard 40 tooth rear to a 42, (exactly the same as dropping the front from 10 - 9 asanyone knows) I found that slowed the bike down a treat, and also made first gear about useless, but you could ride 3rd gear a hell of a lot more !!!

As I remember but of course could be wrong, I think the 98 & 99 model came with a 40 tooth rear but the 2000 onwards came with 42?? not 100% but I am sure Lurchio the closet Montesa anorak will help on this if he managed to get back from Macau....

• 1 month later...

you can soften the power a bit by richining it up a little, raise the needle one clip position first, maybe one size on the main if the needle adjustment doesn't help, are the reeds and carb stock? the PWK's make the power a bit more snappy as well as Boyesen reeds. you should have smooth linear power on the 315, and they are usually not a problem for young or inexperienced riders, sounds like you bike just needs to be properly set up for your riding style

Edited by MotoVintage