Just A Thought

ishy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst on the subject on SSDT entries, and the following came up during idle chat in the workshop end of last week, what or who was the last Twinshock to enter the SSDT ? and would any (foolhardy ?) rider be prepared to give it a go on a twinshock now. Well out of the range of my meagre abilities, but I'd be interesting in helping someone out who did want to give it a go....

I think they did have a class/award for twin shock in the mid nineties, I remember Mick Andrews riding a TLR 250, think the class was dropped not long after that due to lack of interest in it, seen a few old bults enter and get round since then.

Develop and evolve as you will - but it wouldn't be the SSDT and I wouldn't be giving up half my life to run a holiday camp.

Oh, and if you're keen on changing things for the better you could always come and do some observing for us - never mind aging riders, a lack of volunteers is a far more immediate threat to the future of the SSDT.

So are you saying riding when "disqualified" is not better?

Sadly with the time I have I don't have a spare week to give away. I get 4 weeks a year and with young a family totally unintersted in trials can't see it being possible.

I don't think its a bad idea and the leap to "holiday camp" is a big one.

So are you saying riding when "disqualified" is not better?

Sadly with the time I have I don't have a spare week to give away. I get 4 weeks a year and with young a family totally unintersted in trials can't see it being possible.

I don't think its a bad idea and the leap to "holiday camp" is a big one.

I'm not saying anything about riding when disqualified or otherwise, I'm saying cut the six days out of the Scottish Six Days Trial and it's not the same event - the guts are gone. I think you look at it from the perspective of it just being another trial in your calendar - to many of us it's much more than that. Look at the skirmish that was kicked up at the prospect of moving the Parc Ferme...hardly a massive change to the event itself, but it stirred up a fair bit of emotion.

Anyway, I think we should stop bickering about this. If you can't spare six days to keep the best trial in the world alive, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to spare three to ride the pensioners version, so it's not really an issue, is it?

I'm not saying anything about riding when disqualified or otherwise, I'm saying cut the six days out of the Scottish Six Days Trial and it's not the same event - the guts are gone. I think you look at it from the perspective of it just being another trial in your calendar - to many of us it's much more than that. Look at the skirmish that was kicked up at the prospect of moving the Parc Ferme...hardly a massive change to the event itself, but it stirred up a fair bit of emotion.

Abso-bloody-lutey!!!!!

Edited by Slapshot 3

And I won't mention the 'spare' week you had last week if you don't... :thumbup:

Thats my week I have one boys holiday a year, and thats usually the reeth 3 day or sardent 4 day in france. Both of which have alot to offer riders of less endurance than the scottish, and invariably better weather.

Having seen the SSDT up close is it the best trial in the world? Certainly it has the sceanery sections and sense of achievement but does anyone really enjoy the masssive roadwork on unsuitable modern bikes and with the weather like last year perhaps being incapable of doing it is not such a bad thing? I wish I had done it when younger but now its something that I'll never achieve, just like getting round the M25 no stop so better get off now before its too late!

60% over 30 roughly, interesting.

Oh come on - you can't ride until you're 17 and have passed your test, so there's only a range of 12 years that you can ride as an under thirty, there's a good 40+ years you can ride as an over thirty.

As for being the best trial in the world, everyone has their own opinions on that - thank goodness we can rely on you to provide an alternative viewpoint. Do you cheer up after lunch time, or are you cantankerous all day? :thumbup:

Oh come on - you can't ride until you're 17 and have passed your test, so there's only a range of 12 years that you can ride as an under thirty, there's a good 40+ years you can ride as an over thirty.

As for being the best trial in the world, everyone has their own opinions on that - thank goodness we can rely on you to provide an alternative viewpoint. Do you cheer up after lunch time, or are you a **** all day? :thumbup:

I thought it best to edit HL's post, obviously she couldn't spell cantankerous. :(

Edited by PERCE