No New Geared 50's

telecat

So Beta aren't bringing in any REV50's any more and Gas Gas haven't got any of the 50's either. D class medium wheel is looking a little sparse. Still good thing is that if you have a REV50 Or Geared Gas Gas 50 the price will go up!

I think it's crazy that these bikes are unavailable. Next year we're going to see kids on Ossets starting at 4 years old, hopefully this may bring a new generation into the sport. But then the problem is what do they ride after the Osset? Don't say Rev N Go bikes, because the Osset is nearer to a Trials bike than one of them.

The Gasgas TXT 50 Cadet is an awesome medium wheel machine :biggrinsanta: , far better than the Beta Rev/Evo 50 which is pretty gutless in my opinion :thumbup: .

Does anyone know why there are no new 50 Gassers at the moment, is it a temporary supply problem? Good news for Kade he will be selling his soon to move up to an 80

In Gas Gas 's case i I have been told it's an engine supply problem. The Maker went "belly up" and they are trying to find another supplier. Beta just aren't doing any. I think it's due to the small market.

Ah i see, so i guess that will be effecting the supply of GG TXT 80 too, as they essentially have the same engine?

Thanks Tom

The Gas Gas TXT 50 that we had did have a Minerelli engine fitted, and what a load of rubbish it was, a Gas Gas dealer told me the best place for it was a skip.

But I believe the 80 cc was a gas gas engine.

you're talking about the rev N go 50.

Cadet 50 / 80 & the Rookie 80 both have the same engine, from what I've been told it's a decent motor. Can't see there being a problem getting the engine as there must be millions of scoots / learner bikes out there with it in.