Ty80 Front Wheel Rim

betarick

hi im on the look out & finding difficult to find a new front wheel rim for a ty 80 the size is 16 x1.40 32 spoke! is there any other rim that will do the job was looking at the specs for a beta mini trial and they have a 16 x1.35 front wheel ! but im unsure how many spokes they have! & would i have to get spokes made to fit rim? or would orginal yam spokes fit!

I was looking as well, as my chrome rims are a bit pitted. I asked and was told by Matt at Speed and Sport Vintage Motorcycles the 32 spokes that the TY80 used on the front is a problem. The only replacement they are aware of is a undimpled Excell rim and they run about $ 145 each (The Excell Rim is 1.60 wide and the original is 1.40), and then you have to buy $ 62 worth of spokes for each wheel!

I have decided that $ 200 a wheel is a bit too dear......and for the moment I am just going to throw on some new tires and leave well enough alone.

Edited by 1oldbanjo

hi im on the look out & finding difficult to find a new front wheel rim for a ty 80 the size is 16 x1.40 32 spoke! is there any other rim that will do the job was looking at the specs for a beta mini trial and they have a 16 x1.35 front wheel ! but im unsure how many spokes they have! & would i have to get spokes made to fit rim? or would orginal yam spokes fit!

How bad is it ?

I've had rims welded if its a split or crack.