My Favorite Tool!

copemech

I have lots of tools, not always the newest or finest as seems one does to be practicle about these things or you could easily drive yourself into bankrupcy! However, taking the average trials bike as example, there seems one thing that a proper trialsman simply cannot do without for a bit of kit, and that is a proper set of metric allen wrenches!

Yes I have a few, lets see, the standard individual set, the compact folding set that goes into the pocket of the camelbak, then the nice long set with the ball ends on the long side that stay in the portable toolbox. Suppose I could add the ones that fit screwdrivers and the ones that fit drive sockets, yet those are less used in a trials environment. All as just an example as to what one may find and use.

All point being, I seem to have come accross a new fav that some may find irrisistable if you are typical tool nut or ratchet head like me. Mind you these are not cheap, they are however well made and practical, and sized for a bumbag if need be.

I think I need to sell about a thousand sets of these to pay for my Scottish Beer Drinking Tour! Still working on that!

Anyway, ck these out! They have a pivotal joint and can reach most anything! Orders Taken! :)

Personalized laser engravement is available at extra cost! (your name) TC/MC Beer Blast SSDT 2010!

This is the hottest thing since Canned Tuna!

Edited by copemech

Yeah like those...where do they come from and how much....

here si my favorit...cos I had to make it myself. Its a Fantic 300 RHS main bearing remover. Design is my own and it works brillantly. Shame I only had to use it 2 times as the later bearings were not two pieces

L

DSCF6136.jpg

DSCF6133.jpg

DSCF6132.jpg

Nice one Lee!

Ok, Ok, since Andy threatens me again with banishment for peddling for beer money, here is the site you can get them direct.

Seems they will post direct to the UK for about 30-35 quid for the set to tickle your toolbox!

HERE

Copey , like you I have a tool fetish ... A little over 300k spent in the last 30 odd years .(yeah I keep and add receipts !) I've got a set of those and they are quite handy at times . But have you tried the new electric ratchets ? Pricey , but SO handy in some cases ... I've got a thing about pliers ... Some of the way cool high end ones out of Germany are just Kickbutt ... And yet some of the Stanwahl tools that were given to me decades ago still work and feel better than anything you can buy today ... Electronic torque wrenchs ! gimme a break ! use your head and think about what your doing , don't need a machine to tell me I'm doing it right !

Glenn (a grumpy old mechanic ...)

Copey , like you I have a tool fetish ... A little over 300k spent in the last 30 odd years .(yeah I keep and add receipts !) I've got a set of those and they are quite handy at times . But have you tried the new electric ratchets ? Pricey , but SO handy in some cases ... I've got a thing about pliers ... Some of the way cool high end ones out of Germany are just Kickbutt ... And yet some of the Stanwahl tools that were given to me decades ago still work and feel better than anything you can buy today ... Electronic torque wrenchs ! gimme a break ! use your head and think about what your doing , don't need a machine to tell me I'm doing it right !

Glenn (a grumpy old mechanic ...)

I did mention Bankrupcy, did I not? Oh, I know what you mean, most of my best work must be done by hand. I am a pragmatist, so I do not own

many things that reqire batteries! Although they do have their place. I just run down the batteries of others! After all, I am the shop foreman!

I only tend to keep stashed the little bits that are requierd here and there that not everyone has! I have a room as big as a single car garage full of crap at work! Along with my 3 boxes!

At home, I have scattered crap! Anything more and the wifey would have me doing more work!

Now, out at the hangar, I do have enough to get by, but I really think I need a plasma cutter that I can use with one of them CNC beds for pattern parts! :)

If I ever need a tool then I make a point of buying that tool as soon as I can, even if it is for the most obscure job. The trouble with this ethos is that I have many tool which I have only ever used once. But is is good when you suddenly realise that you have the tool in stock from the last time.... 15 years ago! :-)

The handiest piece of kit I have to be honest is a bench vice. Not rocket science, not high spec certainly not expensive but I would certainly be lost without it.