Thick Black Juice Dribbling Out Of Me Exhaust

squid

Hello again.

About a month ago I had a problem with me carb on a ty 125. The float was blocked thus flooding me engine. Thanks to various people on this site alls working dandy now. Its just the first time I took it out I had this muck dribbling out the exhaust. I assummed it was just excess fuel passing through the system. Anyway I've taken the exhaust off to decoke and there was quite alot of this treacle. Please tell me its not me autolube system needs tinkering with as I've looked at me manuel and it looks a bit beyond me.

Cheers

Squid.

That thick black treacle is un-burnt oil so its over-lubing the barrel. Either re-adjust the autolube or blank it off and mix in the tank and use a good oil or a fully synthetic one that will burn off better thou they all leave some unburnt oil behind

Dave

Yamaha pumps have small shims to adjust them.There is/was a special tool to sort them. Many were set rich back in the day. Your best bet would be remove it altogether and use premix, you can run a leaner mix nowadays compared to when your bike was new as oils have moved on big time.

Someone else will need to advise on the mix.