Engine Changes 1971-1972

myson

Selector forks thickness were changed, mainshaft size changed, so did the mainshaft bearing clutch side, clutch hubs changed a couple of times, clutch spring tensioning went from nuts to pins back to nuts, cranks changed, crank seal carriers changed, shape of the clutch side crank weight changed to match the casing shape. Maybe more.

On the 325, the cylinder design was changed and from 159 I think, the liner was thicker so these can be bored right out to 340, early 325 can't as liner too thin.

Most of the gearbox/clutch changes above were around 1973, other changes came later.

Becuase of the changes it sn't possible to interchange all parts from model to model. They may look the same at a glance but they aren't, not everything will swap/fit.

Thanks guys, No specific problem but have chance of a haynes manual 1972 onwards and I was wondering how relevant info would be for my M-80 engine etc. also had offer of some engine spares so now I know what to watch out for

cheers

Edited by myson