Opinions On Starting Out

hoggyf

Hi

I wondered what you guys thought about starting out in trials, I've done a bit of green laning etc but am now about to buy a trials bike but am struggling for somewhere to practice. A mate who's been competing for a good a while say's he soesn't get much time for practice so just does events and learns as he goes. So would you recomend buying a bike and just going for it and entering a trial or do I need to find somewhere and practice first?

cheers

Check out the regs available in the back of T&MX News and find a club near to you, turn up and take a look at what goes on. You will soon get an idea of the level of ability required to get around the course and be able to compare that with yourself.

Most clubs provide three routes, the easiest route (In our case the C) is pretty much suitable for anyone who can ride a motorcycle riding in their first event.

The beauty of entering an event is that you will get to know other people of a similar ability and you will probably find out where they practice and which events are suitable, trials is a really sociable type of compettion and most people are really friendly.

You don't say where you live, there may be regular practice areas near to you.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Hoggy,

Check the upcoming events on the right hand side of the front page.

Sunday 14th Feb there is a Bassenthwaite trial at Glennridding ....

Go along and maybe observe - you can probably have a play in between riders as long as you ask at the start.

They're all a good bunch of lads ...

Just watch out for "Jasper"

Maybe even have a solo outing myself if the hangovers not so bad.

Enjoy

The "Wobbler"

Edited by Wobbler