Ty175

afroash20

I've got a TY175 with a DT175 carby, DT175 barrel, DT175 head, TY175JC exhaust, TY175 airbox, TY175 ignition and flywheel. It performs exactly the same as a normal TY175 except for at high revs. As the revs get up near maximum, there is a slight surge of power above what a standard TY175 would feel like. Because the porting of the DT175 and the TY175 are the same, I'm assuming that the difference is due to the bigger (DT175) carby.

I have done it and it fits straight on, same jetting as per DT175, different float bowls and main jet set up

slight change to throttle cable length , if i recall.

Mine came of an earlier DT175 , pre monoshock and i had it fitted to a Fantic 240 before i fitted an OKO to that

pro`s: slightly more top end

cons: if you are very,very quick with the throttle at very low revs, you can catch it out.

i just had one lying around so fitted it, having used it (and still am), would i say go and pay lots for a one?

not really , not a great improvment .

Opening the airbox up and having the timing spot on will give more benefit..

Hi thanks for your reply,

Did you buy a brand new dt175 carb? did you have to change anything to the inlet hose (carb-Head) or does it fit straight on?

thanks again

The carby, inlet hose and barrel are all DT175 so of course they all fit together. No the carby came with the DT motor both second hand.

I reckon it works a treat, but the low end jetting is a bit of work. It is not right off tickover and tends to hesitate. Adjustment on the air screw is at the end of its range and needs a richer pilot jet.

Overall the midrange and topend is a big improvement.

Havent seen the OKO 24mm carb used, but believe it performs the same, and probably better set up for trials.