Early Carb Settings For A 315r

serious3

lads i have the early carb on my 315r and the manual i have is for the later type. question is, are the settings/needle heights/jets the same. i know the air screw is different but not sure on the rest. if anyone has the std set up jet no's etc for the early type could you post them as i want know if mine has been re-jetted. thanks vince

well everything matches the standard settings, new iridium plug, new plug cap, H/T lead, fresh fuel at 80:1, carb cleaned (spotlessly) i even emptied and cleaned the tank and still the ******* misfires at the first 1/4 throttle.... kinda stuck now and really hoping its not the crank seals.

2 thoughts:-

Have you taken out and made sure the 2nd pilot jet is clean? There's another one down the hole where the obvious top one comes out from on the PHBH.

If your symptoms have only been happening recently your carb may be icing up. Mine sometimes runs badly when I start it up in the cold and damp and I'm sure it's that. If I run it for a few minutes as best I can and then stop it it will then run fine if I start it up again 5 minutes later once everything has warmed up a bit. The stopping to let it warm up bit is the key though as if you keep trying to ride it will keep spluttering.

its done it since i bought it 3 months ago..... playing with the air screw improved it but not completely. am just riding thru/around it for the time being. its going to get looked at soon by an expert in trials bikes/2 strokes to see what he can do to it.

ok then my mate spoke to me last night and i mentioned that there was some wear on the slide and "polishing" on the needle he recommended getting a new needle and needle jet before we start fiddleing with it? would this stop my slightly hesitant/wooly feeling/misfire off the bottom?

Edited by serious3