Ty175 Kickstart

ausy300pro

As far as I know one of the older type GASGAS kick starts will fit and they do look nice, also one of the RD350 ( I think) will fit but they are a bit on the long side. The other problem is that the GASGAS ones do fetch good money, you can get a RD one easy enough off Ebay.

Thanks for replies, Stork 955 you said you used a standard kickstart, what was it from ?

Andy T thanks for that, RD kickstart does look suditable and with being a metal one I can bend and shorten it if needs be, looks like I will be ebaying for one of those,

Cheers to both

I tried the RD one but not happy with the outcome.

Firstly the straight length of the RD on interferes with the exhaust and your leg when riding, very off putting

Secondly the pivot shaft is on the crankcase side, and needs to be angled away putting the lever to far back.

So I heat bent mine to that of the TY, and ended up with it short in kick length to the TY one.

The design of the RD one is better than the TY on the pivot being better and stronger than the TY's design.

In the end I need an new TY one as the output shaft pinion was flogged out, so a new kicker with the assembly was my best option.

Cost was weighed up to piece of mind due to holing the clutch cover previously with the old kickstart lever over-returning due to the stuffed pinion.

• 3 months later...