Villiers Piston Clearance

isaacely

Hi, i'm just after any advice someone might be able to give me regarding piston / bore clearance when reboring the barrel of my villiers 32a engine. I have been given sizes ranging from 2 to 5 thousandths of an inch, what is the best clearance to have?

Also where is the best place to get a new piston and do you need to fit a head gasket, I have been told it is not required.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi, i had a scorpa sy250 crank Rebalanced here, there main Business is villiers engine rebuilding for karts give them a go! think the chaps called simon

Nametab Engineering, Villiers 210 Kart racing and engineering, Industrial unit in Redditch 01527-522266. Unit 18 Bartleet Road, Washford, Redditch B98 0DG

Hope this helps! rij

I reckon you'll be lucky to find a reboring outfit carefull enough to differentiate twixt 2 and fivethousands of an inch...I'd always go for tight bore inevitably they acieve this with finishing hone rather than actually boring it.

Hi,if your engine as an iron barrel the tollerance should be around 4 to 5 thou to allow for piston expansion when the engine is at

temperature. if you have around 2 thou clearance between the piston and the barrel it could sieze.If you speak to Simon at Nametab he

will explain to you the above,also he does a piston of high quality they use the in mx,road race and carting.You shouldnot have any problems

with this, ive been using them on my bikes for years and had no trouble at all. :rolleyes: