06 250 Mains And Seals Removal

kevhenson

im hoping there are a few people on here that have done this and can point me in the right direction... i heve the casings split and new main bearing and seals on there way... but whats the options for removing the bearings and seals from the casings and putting the new ones in.. i dont have a press so hoping for some other ideas? on other road 2 strokes ive used a heat gun to warm the cases and froze the bearing so they just drop in but on the pro it looks like the seals go in first?

cheers in advance

im hoping there are a few people on here that have done this and can point me in the right direction... i heve the casings split and new main bearing and seals on there way... but whats the options for removing the bearings and seals from the casings and putting the new ones in.. i dont have a press so hoping for some other ideas? on other road 2 strokes ive used a heat gun to warm the cases and froze the bearing so they just drop in but on the pro it looks like the seals go in first?

cheers in advance

Just did mine last weekend as you have described with a heat gun but didnt freeze the bearing as it has a rubber oring around the outside. Mines a newer model so yours may not have the rubber o ring. On mine there was only a seal on the ignition side so put that in first, then warm the case from the other side and tap in the bearing with a socket on the bearing outer edge.

the 06 has the 2 o rings as well so will skip the bearing freezing.. i was more concerned about the heat damaging the seals.... did you heat the case for long and did you apply the heat from the crank side or flywheel... cheers for the reply